Is your phone bricked? If yes then you are on right place. In this tutorial you are going to learn how to install official stock rom in any mediatek smartphones or how to get your bricked device to normal mode. Why your phone bricked? there are a lot of reasons for it but the main reason is flashing any custom rom. Flashing any unsupported rom or rom which is not ported properly can brick your android phone, Method of restoring data from custom recovery like TWRP or CWM can help in making your phone live again!! but sometime you even can’t go to recovery mode. Now there is only one method to unbrick your mtk device. Today i am going to post how to unbrick your mtk device and installing stock rom in your mtk device. We are going to use SP Flash Tool which is made for mtk devices only (don’t try it on any snapdragon chipset or other because this will not work for that). SP Flash Tool is also know as Smart Phone Flash tool.
Note: Before downloading any firmware for your device make sure this is officially for your smartphone, Flashing different firmware in your device can make your device dead completely. Even SP Flash Tool will not be able to detect your android device. so be careful before downloading firmware.
Don’t Forget To Read
- How To Use Your Own Handwriting As System Font In Android
- Best tech gadgets of 2016
- How To Install Kali Linux On Android Using Linux Deploy
- Working PC 😛 with Windows or Linux OS
- USB cord of your device or any other
- Install VCOM drivers on the PC ( Recommended )
- Android device which is bricked
- Original firmware of your device ( If you are unable to find your stock firmware let us know in comment, Don’t try to flash any other firmware in your device )
Before starting our guide know something about SP Flash Tool
What is SP Flash Tool?
SP Flash Tool is flashing software for windows and Linux OS. It will help you in installing Custom recovery like CWM & TWRP, custom ROM firmware, stock ROM firmware in your smartphone or tablet. SP Flash Tool was created by MediaTek Inc all credits goes to them. This software is like life saver for MTK devices.
Download SP Flash Tool Latest Version:
How to Install VCOM Drivers for SP Flash Tool
As VCOM driver is mandatory for SP Flash Tool without this driver you might get problem in device connectivity
- Open Device manager from My computer (right click on My Computer then go to manage) Goto Actions > Add legacy hardware.
- Now, click next and select Install drivers manually
- Click next ad then on Have disk.
- Now click on browse option then select the VCOM drivers (downloaded from above link) depending on your OS.
Now main process to unbrick any mediatek (mtk) device.
How to unbrick Mediatek MTK device With SP Flash Tool
Step 1: First download official firmware from official site of your device
Step 2: After downloading Firmware (Stock rom) copy zip in your PC
Step 3: Now Switch off your smartphone and Remove battery (If it’s removable)
Step 4: Extract your .zip file in PC
Step 5: Run Flash_Tool.exe from the SP Flash Tool folder
This screen will come up after opening flash_tool.exe
Step 6: Select DA (Download agent)
Step 7: Select scatter file. ( Make sure scatter file is of your device and found in stock rom zip)
Select Download Only
Step 8: Once you selected all files then click on download button at top
Download Process Indications:
Download Complete Sign:
Step 10: Turn on your smartphone, if your device is not able to on then format it by SP Flash Tool then start process again.
- mtk preloader repair mtk – android dead boot repair sp flash tool not detecting device – how to flash any dead mtk android phone – mtk dead boot repair – how to flash dead android phone from pc – bricked android phone wont turn on – unbrick mtk6572 – How to flash dead android phone from PC
If your are still facing any problem don’t forget to ask us we will be happy to help you. Ask your queries & Feedback in comments below If you find this article useful so don’t forget to share this article with your friends. Help others by sharing this article.